Friday, September 29, 2006

Day Four - A Thank You from Chuck

A THANK YOU POSTING

To the men and women of the armed forces, and their families - Thank you for everything you have done to help preserve this nation as a free nation. And for those who would disagree -- try going to another foreign country and see how much freedom we, as Americans have because of the sacrifices that were given.

This ride would not have been possible without the help of some medical staff. Dr. Frank Hrismalos and his staff, Dr. Larry Steele - Chiropractor - and his staff, and Dr Kathleen McTigue - Southern Indiana Dermatology Center, Thank you for the excellent treatment received from all three Drs.

My wife Jean, whom I have relied heavily on. Thank you for your patience when something around the house needed done but bike rides got priority. Thank you for taking time away from school to see that I make this trip in one piece. And Thank you for being such a "rough" coach! Indiana University would have more winning seasons IF you were part of the training team. My!!!! you're tough!

To my kids-- Kristina, and Chris, Thank you for your support, phone calls and emails. Dave- Kristinas husband and also Jenny - Chris' wife, thank you for your emails and calls. And I can't leave out the grandkids - thank you for being there - wishing me luck and sending me your love-- Thank you.

Hanna Magnuson and staff at the Fairfield Inn by Marriot, and Dawn Crawford from the Holiday Inn Express, Thank you.

To the Bloomington Metropolitan Firefighters Union 586 - thank you for your support -- I will not let you down and will continue to do my best while on this ride.

Matt Link, Benton Township Firefighter, friend, and fellow cyclist. Thank you for establishing this blog site, and helping me get on the internet to make my updates.

Scott Smith, Deputy Chief City of Bloomington Fire Department, Thank you sir for ALL of your help with posting my updates and encouraging me.

Hank West and Nancy at www.bikejerseys.com Thank you for helping me get the right clothing to get the job done.

Steve and Eric Dodds - Bicycle Doctor Thanks you for setting me straight a year ago and helping me pick a bike that would get me through this trip. Thank you for the service provided also.

John Dodd - Cycle Werx - bicycle shop in Cape Girardeau thank you for all of your help. John helped me in the early summer with a broken spoke on my front tire. And today, the 29th of September he helped me pick out a good pair of riding shoes. My others casued a sore spot on the ball of my foot, but today-- I didn't feel any pain - on the foot that is!!

Ken Clark - thank you for riding part of the first day -- it was a pleasure.

Steve Sturgeon Ellettsville Journal and James Boyd Herald-Times Thank you for the articles you had in your papers.

AND to each and every one who sends an email, makes a telephone call to me or Jean, or posts a comment on the blog site. Thank you -- your encouragement is what makes the pains and aches somewhat "numb".

And to those well wishers who offer their thoughts, prayers, or contribute to the two causes THANK YOU!!

Please check back tomorrow for more updates IF I haven't bored you yet!!

Thank you

Chuck

2 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

geotorelxzp debt consolidation companies
low rate loans

 
At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

geotorelxzp loan consolidation
consolidation loan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home