Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Day One - Tuesday - 104 Miles !!!




Today I had the honor to have Ken Clark from the Bloomington area to join me for part of the day. Ken was at the Bloomington Exchange Club Meeting last week when I spoke about my bike ride. After the meeting he came up to me and asked if he could ride the first day. I didn't hestitate to have him join me. I said we would go at his speed, rest when he needed to and he could quit any time he wanted to. Ken rode from Bloomington to Sandborn - 47.5 miles!!! Ken is retired - 68 years young! I also found out he has had a hip replacement, but he did a marvelous job of moving down the highway.

We passed through Freedom, Indiana -- home of Babe Pierce -- Tarzan!!
At Vincennes my daughter Kristina took pictures of me at the George Rogers Clark Memorial.
I finally made it to Mt Carmel, IL - 104 miles today! I'm sorry I don't have pictures as of yet to post but please check back for the pictures. I will mention it maybe in the in the next post.
Tomorrow -- I will have between 96 to 100 miles to complete. Hope all are having fun reading the blog.

Thanks for stopping by to see how I'm doing.
Chuck