Friday, September 29, 2006

Day 4 Update!

Day 4 Update!

I keep wondering, and thinking to myself - as if there is anyone else to talk to out there on the road - who were all those people who said "boy, that trip sounds like fun!!" Wish they were here!! Ha ha!! It will be fun -- when its over!! I'm seeing some neat places as you can tell and meeting some people along the way. Even in the little town of Advance, Mo a lady got talking with Jean after she saw the car windows all painted up and gave us a contribution for 'shop with a firefighter' . She then left and to my surprise but not Jean's (she knew) , the lady came back, took several pictures. She then said she was going to get it to the paper and see if they would print it. Yeah guys-- I know now its a steak dinner for you. For those who don't know the "informal protocol" about your picture in the paper--IF your picture is in the local paper you have to buy pizza for everyone at the station, anything else-- another state and it becomes a steak dinner. Now thats just an "informal protocol" around the fire department.

Prior to leaving Cape Girardeau this morning I had to go buy a new pair of riding shoes. My shoes had caused a "hot spot" (sore) on the ball of my foot.

The weather hasn't been cooperating at all!! Another day of high winds. Sometimes hitting head on and other times coming from the sides. I really don't mean to complain BUT- just letting everyone know IF you plan a ride try to think about which direction the wind may blow. I don't think its going to be on my back!! Ha ha!

Tomorrow is a new day!! Duh, that makes sense! Poplar bluff to Birch Tree, Mo is about 75 miles. Alot of hills! For you bicyclists-- IF you think the hilly hundred is bad, try this 75 miles stretch.

Hope all are still having enjoyment out the blog. I have included some pictures of todays travel. May be of interest to some.

Thanks for visiting

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home