Friday, September 29, 2006

Day Three - Today's Update

Today I backed track 35 miles!! Jean took me back to Harrisburg, IL where I quit yesterday so I could start where I left off. As most of you know-- I will follow through to the best of my ability-- even if it means extra pain!
Got a slow start today. Was up late last night visiting with my sister from the Peoria IL area and one of her church friends, Shirley. I was really surprised to see her come all the way down to the soutern tip of Illinois just to see me on a bike!! Thanks Judy and Shirley!!
It was drizzilly most of the day, and very cool with the wind blowing about 58. Nice weather IF it wasn't so damp!! More "bumps" in the road-- Southern Illinois no matter what direction you go has HILLS and plenty of them! But I'm still winning! So far!
Got as far as Cape Girardeau, Mo today - a total of 240 miles so far. Tomorrow - Poplar Bluff, Mo. I will go back to the bridge at Cape Girardeau tomorrow morning to get a picture to say I was here! Not much light when I quit tonight!
Hope all are having fun and finding the blog site interesting. Thanks you for all of the encouragement that everyone has been sending! Till tomorrow!! Good night!!

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home