Sunday, October 01, 2006

Day 5 - Poplar Bluff to Birch Tree, MO - 89 miles covered

Today, what a day!!! Nice, 53, cloudy but cleared late in the afternoon and warmed up quite a bit. If you look at the Itenerary on the blog site for Poplar Bluff to Birch Tree you will find the distance is only 65 miles, BUT I got 89 miles in. How, took a wrong turn again. Wasn't looking when I should have been. I will discuss a "Life's Lesson" at the end of this post. Todays route took me through the Mark Twain National Forrest, and through Van Buren, MO a "hot spot" for water recreation. Boating, canoeing, tubing, swimming, and fishing on the Current River. Very picturesque Valley!

This section of the route was going to be the worse part of the trip, however, I found it easier than the last three!! The weather cooperated and everything went smooth!!

Jean was again "tough" on me!!! As I said yesterday-- IF IU had her for an assistant coach they could have a winning season!! She just wants to see me make it through this trip in good shape, both physically and mentally. But the jury is still out on whether the mental aspect will ever be okay for me!! Ha ha!!

Now for a "Life's Lesson"

As I said earlier in this posting, I covered 89 miles instead of 65. Because I had my head down pedalling and trying to get the job done.

NOW--- When life deals you a "bad hand", don't hang your head down because you will miss something.

I was able to make my goal today, dispite the set back. I also saw a coyote, deer, hawks, horses, beautiful homes and countryside. Keep your head up!!

Hope you are still having a good time checking in to see the progress. Wish I could tell how many were checking in.

Tomorrow, from Birch Tree, MO to Springfield, MO 117 miles or there about!! Hope I can do it!!

Take care and thanks for the encouragement.

and for the guys at the fire department - thanks for each email.

Chuck

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chuck you have all of the SA Bloomington's prayers. be safe
Diana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home