Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Day 7 - Branson !!!

Day 7 Seymour to Branson (the trip cut short, but not completely, I will make up the mileage --- promise!)
As you see we stopped short of the goal of Springfield last night. I was tired and Jean was exhausted. Not much to do but sit in the car and wait but it wore heavy on her. A days trip is long for her but several days gets pretty intense. We talked about it last night and again this morning and decided to cut the trip short and ride into Branson from a little ways out. I called my friend from the fire department and told him our plan and he said he would meet me along the route. Little to my knowledge that he had arranged to have some people along the route waving me on!! Then I got to my last intersection and heard a bunch of people clapping, hooping it up, and screaming "good job" then I heard "Grandpa!" . Boy was I surprised!!
Chris and his wife Jenny and their two boys, Nate and Wyatt along with Kristina and her oldest daughter Kate were the ones waving me on. Of course I had to stop, get hugs, and tell them how surprised I was to see them!! What a day. All is not lost though-- I do plan to make up my mileage loss today - - Just could not afford losing Jean!!
If she gets a good nights rest and relaxes tomorrow morning she will be fine.

My friend, Ted Martin, of the Branson Fire Department did an excellent job of planning to have the people waving me on, and working with Chris and Kristina on time frames. Ted was able to go to supper with us tonight and he and Nate, our oldest grandson, hit it off pretty good!

Hope all is fine there - - and don't worry there is plenty of roadway for me to get my miles in! Thank you for your support and thoughts, as well as your email.

Chuck and Jean



After passing a group of people waving me on, my friend Ted Martin form the Branson Fire Department, took me back to the Bob Hope Memorial Drive. While returning to the Drive this small group of people were there and I stopped and shook hands with each of them.


My whole crew!!

Front row (l to r)- Kate, Wyatt, Nate
Back row (l to r)- Wife- Jean, daughter - Kristina, Me, my daughter in law - Jenny, and my son- Chris

What a surprise to see them here in Branson. Signs were courtesy of my sister who visited me on my second day.

This blog isn't over yet!! Hang in there for a while longer!!! And THANKS for all of your thoughts, prayers, emails and for stopping byThank a Veteran for his sacrifices he or she made!

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home