Monday, October 02, 2006

Day 6 - Update

Day 6 - Birch Tree, MO to Seymour, MO -- Total miles today 82 miles

Sometimes you set goals a little lofty and can't carry it through!! When we were planning this trip the rolling hills in this section looked like some of our small rolling hills around Indiana, nothing big, nothing long. Guess they seemed small after driving up some of the BIG hills between Poplar Bluff and Birch Tree. They were long up hill grades sometimes climbing as much as 1.5 miles some of them steep!! I guess to make a long story short, I didn't make it to Springfield, MO today!

We stopped at Seymour this evening and will finish the trip tomorrow -- that's no lofty goal -- thats "do-able"!

I just received a call from a friend in Branson, Deputy Chief of Technical Services, Ted Martin and he says that my route takes me in on what is now called Bob Hope Memorial Ave (named for Hope for all he did for the men and women of the armed forces). Then I will be on another road that has recently been re-named FREEDOM Avenue. I will take some pictures while on these streets!

Looking forward to the completion of the ride! So is Jean, it has taken a toll on her. Just sitting and waiting for me and wondering if I was doing okay. I didn't want her following me, so I had her go ahead to the next designated rest stop and wait. As I said before -- she makes a dandy coach.

I will include the pictures from Mansfiel and any others we may have taken along today's route.
Hope the children will enjoy seeing some of the "Little House on the Prairie" history.

Keep watching the blog site I will also include pictures from the USS Indra's reunion, and sites around Branson. IF you haven't been to downtown 'Old" Branson in a while they have a beautiful water show choreographed to music.

More tomorrow - thanks for visiting the site.

Chuck

3 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work Chuck, Next time let me know and I will get a GPS setup for you so you can stay focused and on route! Good luck from everyone at B&L Communications, Inc.!

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good work chuck. should be there any time now....ron bateman

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuck
Just one more day and it's all down hill now (well not exactly). Congratulations to you for sticking with the ride and to Jean for her support of your goal. Enjoy your Reunion with your Navy crew. Our love to you both!
Uncle Dean and Erna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home